Dr Miriam Wohl – GP Expert Witness
As a former GP and Disability Analyst, Dr Wohl has wide experience in the area of musculoskeletal disorders. She also qualified as a teacher of the Alexander Technique (www.stat.org.uk) after a 3 year course comprising 1600 hours of study, and has now been teaching the Alexander Technique for 24 years.
Most of her clients have back pain or neck pain. She works in a Sports Medicine Clinic and regularly exchanges work and knowledge with other practitioners (GP medical experts, osteopaths, physiotherapists, acupuncturists, occupational therapists, sports masseurs, Alexander Technique teachers and clinical Pilates teachers).
Personal Injury claimants are sent a letter with a map and a detailed questionnaire about the injury, its treatment, the consequential losses, etc. Claimants are required to confirm appointments, and DNA fees are charged for missed appointments, appointments cancelled with less than 24 hours’ notice or appointments where an interpreter was required but not provided.
- 3 Reservoir View, Saddington, Leicester, LE8 0QH.
- Leicester Sports Medicine Clinic, 132 Victoria Park Road, Leicester LE2 1XD.
- “Backs Etc”, 2 Meadhurst Road, Leicester, LE3 6FQ
- The Gaia Centre, 17 Frederick Street, Loughborough, Leics, LE11 3BH
The following venues are for six or more clients only:
- Syston Physiotherapy & Osteopathy Clinic: Syston RFC, Barkby Road, Queniborough, Leics, LE7 3FE
- Melton Mowbray Physiotherapy & Sports Injury Clinic: 36a Leicester Street, Melton Mowbray, Leics, LE13 0PP
- White Cottage Clinic, The Green, Great Bowden: Market Harborough, Leics., LE16 7EU
Mr John Measures
Solicitor, Fellow of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers, Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives, Member of the Law Society Personal Injury Panel:
- Scott-Moncrieff & Associates Ltd
- Office 7, 19 Greenwood Place
- NW5 1LB
- Telephone: 0116 2882227
Further references will be provided on request.
- For the past 16 years, Dr Wohl has prepared reports for solicitors and Medicolegal Reporting Agencies in Personal Injury cases (99.9% claimant, 0.05% defendant, 0.05% joint). She has completed over 20,000 Personal Injury reports and currently has a waiting time of one week for an appointment and one working day for email delivery of the report.
- She worked (1980-2012) as a Disability Analyst for the Department of Work and Pensions (D.W.P.), and so can provide reports on people claiming Disability Living Allowance, Attendance Allowance and Employment Support Allowance.
- She can also provide reports on people claiming under the Disability Discrimination Act and on Asylum Seekers.
Qualifications & Licences
Qualifications: MB, ChB, ECFMG, JCC Cert, MSTAT
G.M.C. No: 1329890 with Licence to Practice
M.D.D.U.S. No: W/07/0188
N.I. No: YX990756B
Vehicle: Full clean driving licence
Ongoing professional development
Miriam regularly updates her knowledge in the field by continuous professional development and most recently attended the following conferences:
- Speaker at Claims Management Conference – April 2009
- Medicolegal Refresher Course (run by Specialist Info) – April 2012
- “abbvie” Back Pain Seminar, March 2013
- Specialist Info Course (courtroom skills) November 2014
Dr Wohl is subject to regular audits of her reports and ongoing feedback (latest audit May 2010 with a score of 93%). She also reads widely on Personal Injury topics. Dr Wohl has never been the subject of any complaint from a solicitor or a claimant.